Tuesday 27 August 2013

Tuesday's Teacher Tidbit

Happy Tuesday everyone! I can hardly believe that August is almost over. We are in our 4th week of school and our classroom is getting into a nice rhythm. I love when the students start getting the hang of the routines. This is especially helpful when you have to take a sick day (which I had to yesterday!) and a substitute comes in. I was so proud of my students when the sub's report said that they knew the routines, helped her learn them, and had very good behavior.

I was out yesterday due to strep throat and an ear infection. I am a carrier of strep throat so the doctor told me that all it takes is my immune system to be worn out due to stress and I can be knocked off my feet with strep throat.

So this week my teacher tidbit is to take advantage of all the amazing resources from other teachers instead of knocking yourself off your feet trying to do everything! This is especially amazing when you are making your sub plans! I can't believe how many amazing free resources there are at TPT

I wanted to draw your attention to two of my favorite free TPT products :)

The first is Amy Lemons' Tips and Tricks of Writing CraftivityWriting Tips and Tricks Craftivity

I just love this little booklet for the students to write out what areas they personally need to work on and keep it in the desk all year. The kiddos really loved doing this as well AND it is FREE! :)


The second is Rachel Lynette's Would You Rather Questions.FREE Would You Rather Questions for Kids!

My students love these questions and they make great journal prompts! The students really enjoy thinking about the questions and sharing their answers. I have to admit I have a ton of fun answering these questions as well AND it is free!

There are SOOO many more free resources that you can use in your classroom. So, don't kill yourself trying to make everything, start browsing the amazing things on TPT that can help make your life a little less stressful.

Blessings,

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...